I am Catherine I am Accredited Member of the College of Sex and Relationship Therapists (COSRT), a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP) and a Member of the National Fertility Society (MNFS). I work in accordance with their guidelines for ethics and good practice.
Let me tell you a little about myself to help you decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
I have worked for many years in the construction industry but slowly I began to realise that what I valued most was helping people through difficult and emotional difficulties in their lives. In 2010 I started my own personal journey training as an Integrative counsellor working with general counselling. I have also specialised in different areas of counselling which I felt passionate about.
This started with the London Diploma in Relationship and Psychosexual Therapy (LDPRT). During this time I worked within an NHS Sexual Health Clinic and a Private Clinic providing both long and short term therapy as a Relationship and Psychosexual therapist.
As well as my private practice I currently work within an NHS sexual health clinic doing both Psychosexual and Relationship work I have also worked with Relate offering both Psychosexual and Relationship counselling to both individuals and couples.
I have also completed the Advanced Specialist Fertility Counselling Diploma Course with the National Fertility Society.
- Introduction to Counselling
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies,
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship,
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy,
- Diploma in Advanced Specialist Fertility Counselling
To further strengthen my practice and knowledge I have also done training with:
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Pink Therapy – Treating Out of Control Sexual Behaviour
- The Royal College of Nursing – ABC of Sexual Dysfunction
- Gendered Intelligence -“Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People”
I believe in constantly investing in my practice and my knowledge by continued professional development, reading new literature and my own personal development.
Sometimes day to day life can get us down and we are often left with a feeling of not knowing where to turn to explore these feelings. If you are experiencing feelings leading to anxiety, depression or self-confidence which are holding you back, counselling maybe able to help you.